Depression is a quite common word amongst people. If you want to get over it you need to first understand it. It is not a tough task identifying the various symptoms and types of depression one is suffering from. Depression has many types associated with it; the types are characterized according to the severity and mildness. Severe depression is more known as Major depressive disorder. The symptoms are:
1. Sadness almost entire day.
2. Guilty feelings, feelings of hopelessness, worthlessness and helplessness.
3. Loss of energy or fatigue.
4. Restlessness without any reason.
5. Increased or decreased interest in sexual intercourses.
6. Sleeping disorders, Insomnia or Hypomania, as a result of these two disorders sufferer may suffer from too much sleep or too less sleep, or disrupted sleep.
7. The concentration level decreases significantly.
8. Remarkable weight gain or weight lose due to improper diet, sufferer gets affected by eating disorders.
9. Social network of sufferer becomes zero.
10. Self confidence decreases incredibly.
11. Persistent negative thoughts about life and daily life challenges.
12. Suicidal thoughts or suicidal tendencies are quite high.
13. Persistent state of irritation and anger without any reason.
14. Interest in fun activities decreases remarkably.
15. Sufferer might become offensive for himself or others as well.
16. Physical problems such as chronic pain, pain in the chest or stomach and headache is quite common.
It belongs to severe category usually involves the above listed symptoms, if an individual exhibits majority of above symptoms then that individual would need a diagnosis. Other category that has mild affects involves the following symptoms:
1. Sadness or feelings of lone.
2. Sufferer’s efficiency decreases a bit at work, but still he is able to perm the work at normal pace.
3. A mild change in behavior.
4. Tiredness for a little time.
5. At times may get less sleep than the normal.
6. Poor appetite, less eating.
7. Mild headache or pain in the stomach.
8. Short lived negative thoughts because of some event or loss.
Types that have mild affects generally are the results of circumstances or events, and generally go away with the passage of time. But people should be careful about it, if left untreated, it may turn severe. Seeking help of specialists is always a good move. Forms with severe affects are: Bipolar, Psychotic, Chronic, Reactive depression…