Depression is considered to be a health condition that is both physiological and psychological in nature. This means that it does not only involve the mind of the sufferer, but it also involves the body of the sufferer as well. This condition will affect how an individual thinks about themselves, others, and situations that occur in their lives. It will affect the emotional responses associated with these factors. It also has a large impact on the behavior of an individual. It is not at all unusual for an individual to experience physical complications as well as emotional complications. Here, you will be introduced to 6 warning signs of depression.
1. Individuals that suffer from depression will often feel varying degrees of sadness. Typically, the sufferer is unable to pinpoint exactly why they feel such sadness, but it is very real to them.
2. Many that suffer from depression will often find that they experience severe mood swings for no apparent reason. Many may experience irritability quite easily as well as varying degrees of frustration.
3. Most people that suffer from depression will find that they lack interest in the people, activities, hobbies, and locations that they once enjoyed.
4. Most that suffer from depression will experience issues with the natural sleep cycle. Many will find that they have a general lack of energy at all times. There are others that will have problems sleeping or staying asleep. Many patients will actually find that they sleep too long at one interval.
5. Cognitive impairments are quite common when it comes to depression. Individuals may find it challenging to concentrate or focus. Many will have problems making decisions. There are others that will display a high level of distractibility.
6. Many will lose their self-esteem. They may experience a lack of motivation or start to blame themselves for every little thing that is experienced. Many may even contemplate taking their own lives because they feel that their life is worthless.
If you or someone that you know suffers from depression, it is important to seek medical attention immediately. Depression is a challenging condition that may be treated successfully.